HAVE ANY QUESTION ? Call + 91 - 172 - 5021444

Study in Canada

There are two major intakes in most of the universities and colleges in Canada – Fall (starts in September) and Winter (starts in January). Deadlines for these intakes vary from institution to institution. Generally, the deadlines for Fall intake are between January and April and deadlines for Winter intake are between June and September.

Why Study in Canada?

Education system in Canada is internationally Recognized Canada has developed a first-rate education system with high standards. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is recognized globally as being equivalent to those from the United States and Commonwealth countries.


Canada is one of the Best Places in the World to Live
From safe neighborhoods in some of North America's most cosmopolitan cities to top-notch health care and publi transportation, excellence permeates every aspect of Canadian life - including a world class higher education system. The United Nations has consistently ranked Canada as one of the top three places in the world to live. Canada earned high marks for its access to education, high life expectancy, and low crime rates.


Multicultural and Welcoming
Canada has traditionally been a country of immigrants and has a policy of encouraging multicultural diversity. In fact, one out of three Canadians has an ethnic background other than English, French or Aboriginal.


Excellent health care
Compared to other countries, medical insurance is inexpensive in Canada yet the services that Canadian hospitals provide are among some of the most advanced and accessible in the world.


A Safe Place to Study
Canada is considered to be a relatively peaceful, safe and orderly country. Since the beginning of 1990’s, there has been a consistent drop in crime rates in Canada.


Work Opportunities in Canada
International students who have graduated from a Canadian university or college have the opportunity to work in Canada for up to one year after they receive their degree or diploma. International students in Canada can work off-campus with a work permit.


Canada Students Visa Guidelines
To study in Canada, International Students have to apply for a study permit. Before applying for a study permit, students must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.


Living in Canada

Accommodation for international students in Canada

A. Homestays (University Provided Accommodation) Many Canadian families welcome international students. Homestays offer a more stable and secure environment for younger people coming to study in Canada.


Typically, a homestay consists of a Canadian family hosting a student in their home while the student attends classes in Canada. Meals and a private furnished room are provided in the home, and the host family welcomes and encourages participation in family and community activities.


Homestays are arranged by the school and students are matched with families who share similar interests.


B. Residence / Dormitory (University Provided Accommodation) Many universities have accommodation conveniently located on or near their campus. Rooms can vary in size and in quality, and many dormitories have shared kitchens, toilets, showers and laundry facilities.


There is usually an option of having either a shared or private room, and dormitories are usually separated by gender. In some cases, there are cafeterias and meal plans that can be included in the cost of the room. Most dormitories come furnished, and are an ideal way to become involved in campus activities and meet other students.


C. Off-Campus Housing

Renting is an option open to international students coming to Canada. Many students share accommodation to keep costs down and usually find places to meet their needs and preferences.


Many schools offer an off-campus housing service, which can provide affordable listings that are near the campus. At this service centre, those seeking shared accommodations can also find roommates. Once on campus, students will often find a variety of postings throughout the campus advertising nearby housing, but it is always best to make arrangements before coming to Canada.


There are different types of places international students can rent in Canada. A house is usually too expensive for one student to rent, but many students share or rent suites (a self-contained unit with a kitchen, toilet, bath and bedroom) within a larger home.
Apartments are another option, where one has a kitchen, toilet, bath, and one or two bedrooms. Most rental apartments do not include furniture or meals. Some, however, include the cost of heat and/or electricity in the rent.


Health Insurance in Canada

In Canada, a public health care system covers visits to doctors and specialists, as well as some hospital stays and medical procedures. Dental costs, prescription eye glasses, and non-prescription drugs are not covered and can be paid for through the purchase of private insurance coverage. Each province administers its own health care system and the requirements for international students to access health care will vary from province to province.


Overall, international students have access to good health services coverage at an affordable cost. Health insurance must be arranged before arrival in Canada. Student can purchase health coverage from a private health insurance company or enroll in a
university or college health plan. The health coverage requirements vary from province to province and some provinces provide health coverage plans to international students.


Checklist of Documents required for Application

Bachelors & Master’s (University)

• 10th (attested by Principal in sealed cover)

• 10+2 / Diploma (attested by Principal in sealed cover)

• Bachelors / Masters - individual mark sheets (Attested by Controller / Registrar in sealed cover)

• Consolidated/Provisional/Degree/Course Completion (Attested by Controller / Registrar in sealed cover)

• IELTS/TOFEL & GRE/GMAT Xerox copies with attestation (Official score reporting to the university is required)

• Recommendation Letters - THREE – in sealed covers

o 1st from Professor/Ass-Professor/Lecturer – who has taught the student
o 2nd from HOD (Head of Department)
o 3rd from Principal


• Statement of Purpose

• CV / Resume

• Experience Letter (if any / if required)

• Passport Xerox (1st & Last Pages) – with attestation

• Extra-curricular Certificates (if any)

• Passport size Photo


Diploma (College)

• 10th (attested by Principal in sealed cover)

• 10+2 / Diploma (attested by Principal in sealed cover)

• Bachelors/Masters – Individual & Consolidated Mark sheet, Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate.

• TOEFL / IELTS Score copy

• Passport Xerox (1st & Last Pages) – with attestation

• Statement of Purpose

• Recommendation Letters-THREE – in sealed covers

o 1st from Professor/Ass-Professor/Lecturer/Teacher
o 2nd from HOD (Head of Department)
o 3rd from Principal


• CV / Resume


• Passport • Application form (2 passport size photographs affixed)
• Personal Information form
• Student Questionnaire Form
• Letter of acceptance from Canadian Educational Institutions
• Use of a representative form
• Copy of Certificat d’acceptation du Québec – CAQ (for Québec bound students)


• IELTS / TOEFL score card (taken within last 24 months and overall score not less than 6.0)
• Copy of most recent degree with mark sheets
• Other educational degrees


• Financial Documents (Funds to be shown: Tuition + $10,000 as living cost for 12 months).


Processing Time for Study Permit varies from 15 days to 30 days for receipt of initial response. Upon receipt of Initial Response, students have to submit Medical Examinations reports.


Student Partners Program The Student Partners Program (SPP) is an administrative framework designed and implemented in partnership between the Canadian visa offices in India and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC). The SPP was launched in April 2009 as a pilot to improve student recruitment outcomes. Due to the improvement achieved during the pilot, the program is being extended and expanded in 2010. The Student Partners Program is open to Indian nationals only. Students do not apply to the SPP; they apply to a participating college and may be considered under the program if they meet specific criteria. Application submission under the SPP is at the discretion of each participating college.


Visa Processing Time for Applications under Student Partners Program is comparatively less as the Medical Test can be taken before lodging the visa application.

List of Participating Institutions in Student Partners Program:

• Algonquin College
• Bow Valley College

•Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Camosun College
• Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
• College of New Caledonia
• College of the Rockies
• Columbia College
• Conestoga College
• Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Douglas College
• Durham College
• Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology
• George Brown College
• Georgian College of Arts & Technology
• Grant MacEwan University
• Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
• Kwantlen Polytechnic University
• Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Marine Institute of Memorial University
• Medicine Hat College
• Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Niagara College
• North Island College
• Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
• Northern College
• Northern Lights
• Okanagan College

• Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
• Selkirk College
• Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
• Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
• St-Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
• St. Lawrence College
• University of The Fraser Valley
• Vancouver Island University
• Vancouver Community College
• Possible Reasons for Visa Rejection
• Financial Proofs shown are not enough to support student while studying in Canada.
• Student has not passed the medical examination.
• Application has not satisfied the visa officer that primary intention in Canada is to study.
• Application has not satisfied the visa officer that student will leave Canada at the end of study.